On 1 April 2016, the COAG Advisory Panel on Reducing Violence against Women and their Children submitted its final report to COAG, containing six areas for action and 28 recommendations.
At this meeting, COAG gave its in principle support to the six areas identified for further joint action:
• National leadership to challenge gender inequality and transform community attitudes.
• Empowering women who experience violence to make informed choices.
• Recognising children and young people as victims of violence against women.
• Holding perpetrators to account for their actions and supporting them to change.
• Providing trauma-informed responses to violence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
• Providing integrated responses to keep women and their children safe.