- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris
Category Archives: Disability
A paralympian presents at the closing ceremony of the United International Year of Sport and Physical Education
Katrina Webb (pictured second from right in back row) was one of four international athletes to take part at the closing ceremony of the United International Year of Sport and Physical Education.
WWDA was named the National Winner of the Australian Human Rights Award. The judges were impressed by the broad base of WWDA’s work and influence and the range of methods used to advocate for women living with disabilities, from lobbying … Continue reading
Louise Sauvage became the first Paralympian to be named Australian Athlete of the Year.
Women With Disabilities Australia (WWDA) was incorporated in 1995 and evolved from the National Women’s Network within Disabled People’s International Australia (DPIA), where it had been operating as an un-funded Network for some eight years. WWDA was initially established by … Continue reading