International Human Rights lawyer Megan Davis became the first Indigenous woman elected to a United Nations body. Ms Davis will sit on the United Nations’ Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, which advises on issues such as economic and social development, culture, health and human rights.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris