The Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Act 1999 came into effect. The Act required a range of organisations with more than 100 people to establish a workplace program to remove the barriers to women entering and advancing in their organisation. (Source: EOWA).
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris