In 1995, the Office for the Status of Women published a follow up to its 1988 work, Community Attitudes to Violence Against Women. This important piece of research demonstrated that there was still a large proportion of the population who had unhelpful attitudes about violence against women. (Source: Australian Institute of Criminology).
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris