In 1993, the then Commonwealth Department of Employment Education and Training, through the Office of the Status of Women, funded a $1.5 million dollar project to help Australian schools address violence and take a preventative approach in schools.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris