The development of a National Peak Body to represent women’s domestic violence services across Australia, the Women’s Emergency Services Network (WESNET), was supported and funded by the Commonwealth Labor Government. It was later renamed the Women’s Services Network to reflect the increasing community education and community development domestic and family violence services were undertaking.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris