The Leichhardt Women’s Community Health Centre was the first women’s health centre to be established in Australia. In response to lobbying by a determined group of women involved in the movement for women’s rights, the Centre was opened on International Women’s Day in March 1974 with a grant of $30,000 from the Federal Government. (Source Leichhardt Women’s Community Health Centre).
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris