In 1969, Zelda D’Aprano (pictured on the right in this photo) chained herself to the Commonwealth Building in Melbourne. In 2004, she was made an Officer of the Order of Australia in recognition of her campaigning on women’s workplace issues.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris