Roma Mitchell became Australia’s first female Queen’s Counsel. Later she became Australia’s first woman Supreme Court Judge (in 1965) and then first Acting Chief Justice.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris