The Public Service Act 1902 explicitly required women to resign upon marriage, but allowed for equal pay. Shortly after Federation, the open competitive examinations leading to appointment directly into clerical and administrative positions in the Australian Public Service were closed to women.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris