The 1908 ‘Trust the Women’ suffrage banner was carried by the Australian contingent in the women’s suffrage processions in London in 1908 and 1911. The banner (pictured) was painted by artist Dora Meeson Coates.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris