Our Watch was established as an initiative under the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010-2022. The organisation drives nationwide change in the culture, behaviours and power imbalances that lead to violence against women and their children. Initially established in 2013 as a partnership between the Australian and Victorian Governments, the Northern Territory and South Australia joined as members in mid-2014, Tasmania in May 2015, Queensland in June 2015 and the Australian Capital Territory in June 2016.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris