The Second Action Plan 2013-16 is the second of four stages of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010-2022. The Second Action Plan outlines how the Commonwealth, state and territory governments plan to move ahead in addressing the violent crimes of domestic and family and sexual assault. The Second Action Plan has five national priorities and contains 26 practical actions that are important for improving women’s safety.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris