Preston-Stanley was the first woman member of the New South Wales Parliament. Elected
to the NSW Legislative Assembly in May 1925, she
delivered her first speech two weeks after the opening of the parliament.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris