Vida Goldstein because the first women in the British Empire to stand for election to a national parliament when she nominated for the Australian Senate elections. She stood five times over 14 years with her last attempt to stand for the House of Representatives. She was never elected to office.
- Release of report from Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence
- Announcement of COAG Advisory Panel to Reduce Violence Against Women
- Rosie Batty named Australian of the Year
- Second Action Plan 2013-2016 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- First Indigenous Woman Elected to Federal Parliament – Nova Peris